Ignite the Spirit is an ongoing charity that was created to raise funds for Chicago’s firefighters and paramedics and their families in time of need.
In June 2003, Ignite the Spirit was established in response to the World Trade Center bombings and the many lives that were lost including countless firefighters on September 11, 2001. After the World Trade Center bombings, we were struck with the realization that we were not prepared to handle a disaster of such proportion. The Ignite the Spirit Fund was established to aid and assist Chicago’s first responders. Currently, we hold 8-10 fundraisers throughout the year including holiday toy drives, golf outings, Cubs rooftop games, pancake breakfasts and, of course, our largest and most successful fundraiser, the Chicago Firefighter/Paramedic Ball.
“We’re There When You Need Us”. Every Chicago Fire Department vehicle proudly displays this phrase. It refers to the fact that the Chicago Fire Department is always and will always be there when you call. It also represents the sense of family and unity that is felt among firefighters. We’re always there for one another—no matter what. [Tax ID # 20-4656124]
Fundraising Info and Commitment
Runners who receive a Team Ignite the Spirit entry before November 30th, 2021 have a minimum fundraising commitment of $1250—This is the open registration period. After all open registration runners have been notified, the Charity registration will continue with the fundraising efforts. The minimum fundraising commitment after the open registration period is raised to $1750 per the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Charity rules and regulations.
How to Appy for Team Ignite the Spirit
- Please download, review, sign and return our Team Ignite the Spirit Fund Athlete Contract PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon completion, you will you will receive an email with your exclusive Team Registration Link.
- Use this link to regiser with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- FREE Race Entry: Your race entry fee of $240 will be reimbursed following the marathon if your fundraising commitment has been met.
- Custome fundraising page and support
- Incentives for top fundraisers
- Post race party and hotel block available near Grant Park
- Team Ignite the Spirit Dry Tech shirt
- And much more to come
For more information, please email any questions to email@example.com