Ignite the Spirit is an ongoing charity that was created to raise funds for Chicago’s firefighters and paramedics and their families in time of need.
In June 2003, Ignite the Spirit was established in response to the World Trade Center bombings and the many lives that were lost including countless firefighters on September 11, 2001. After the World Trade Center bombings, we were struck with the realization that we were not prepared to handle a disaster of such proportion. The Ignite the Spirit Fund was established to aid and assist Chicago’s first responders. Currently, we hold 8-10 fundraisers throughout the year including holiday toy drives, golf outings, Cubs rooftop games, pancake breakfasts and, of course, our largest and most successful fundraiser, the Chicago Firefighter/Paramedic Ball.
“We’re There When You Need Us”. Every Chicago Fire Department vehicle proudly displays this phrase. It refers to the fact that the Chicago Fire Department is always and will always be there when you call. It also represents the sense of family and unity that is felt among firefighters. We’re always there for one another—no matter what. [Tax ID # 20-4656124]
Fundraising Info and Commitment
Runners who receive a Team Ignite the Spirit entry before the registration closing date of January 31, 2023 will have a minimum fundraising commitment of $1,250 based on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Charity rules and regulations. If your best fundraising efforts do not result in meeting the fundraising minimum by October 31, 2023, Ignite the Spirit Fund is authorized to charge the difference to the credit card used to secure your entry.
How to Appy for Team Ignite the Spirit
- Please download, review, sign and return our Team Ignite the Spirit Fund Athlete Contract PDF to email@example.com.
- Upon completion, you will you will receive an email with your exclusive Team Registration Link.
- Use this link to register with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Upon completion/approval of steps 1-3, Ignite the Spirit will send a follow-up email with instructions on how to set up your fundraising campaign platform.
- FREE Race Entry: Your race entry fee will be reimbursed following the marathon if your fundraising commitment has been met.
(Value $230 US Runners/$240 International Runners)
- Custom fundraising page and support
- Incentives for top fundraisers
- A pre-race Pasta/Protein Dinner will be provided on Saturday, October 7th, 2023.
- Team Ignite the Spirit Dry Tech shirt
- And much more to come
For more information, please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org